As I write more job stories, I've been paying attention to characteristics which make some stories better than others. When a story is well done, it helps me and my team cut right to what needs to be discussed and puts us all on the same page - making the product design process dramatically better.
Here are 5 tips which will help when writing Job Stories:
- Refine A Situation By Adding Contextual Information
- Job Stories Come From Real People Not Personas
- Design Modular Job Stories Which Features (Solutions) Can Plug Into
- Add Forces To Motivations
- Job Stories Don't Have To Be From A Specific Point Of View